The GAA site

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 95>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Blondie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1978 - 1981 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-July-2010 at 14:03
and Ronan how come you posted at 16.39 yesterday ?????????
Blondie
I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it !
Sponsored Links

Blondie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1978 - 1981 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-July-2010 at 14:02

Got  in for the second half of the hurling we really let it slip through our fingers very disapponiting.

Will leave the in depth anaylsis to the lads but on the whole I was pleased with our performance aginst Armagh  who were quite poor themselves. Though Mccauley should get man of the match he played a stormer , bernard as always was great and Mcmahons safe on the line was a heart stopping moment. Hard fought and tense game felt the team was really up for it. Roll on the fourth round fancy Roscommon if Sligo bet them today

Blondie
Biker Pat View Drop Down
I spend too much time here!!!
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-July-2010 at 11:22

Rolo, just found our that the hurlers lost to Antrim. Bit of a shock I would have thoight.

But I watched the Dublin v Armagh game later and Dublin played quite well. Still depending too much on Bernard Brogan up front. But what a player he is. The Rooney of Dublin

May be going to hell in a bucket but at least I'm enjoying the ride.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-July-2010 at 16:39
Well never saw that coming. Fair play to Antrim, were hungrier all over
the pitch. This could turn out to be a very bad day.
Blondie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1978 - 1981 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-July-2010 at 12:01

Well game back on again although we ahve to bring mu brothers two kids with us should be fun.....................................so hoping that is a good sign.

Hope he starts Cullen and fennell and Keaney Ronan assume the team will be announced today ???????

Blondie
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-July-2010 at 11:01

Originally posted by joey the lips joey the lips wrote:

Cant make it myself,,have a company day out on Saturday ,,so i hope i get to have another day out in Croke Pk ..

Wouldn't be holding my breath Joey .

Lose to Armagh and it's ball burst, game over .

Beat Antrim and it's Cork, Waterford or Galway..........unlikely to be in Croker.

Need to beat Armagh, please let them sense and start Cullen at 10 or 12.

joey the lips View Drop Down
1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-July-2010 at 09:34

Ok Blondie ,,i dont want you to go ,,because i want us to have a blinder

Yeah i think there is something wrong in the camp ,,Cahill has walked and heard yesterday Connelly has walked too ,,Gilroy,s own club mate ,,

I always felt it could not work when Mickey Whelan was put in the mix ,,i mean who is calling the shots ,,,

I really hope the get their act together for Saturday,,,beat Armagh and who knows ,,lose and it will set us back big time .

As for the hurlers ,,the seem to have a great set up,,and i feel they have moved up to another level compared to Antrim,,just hope they dont think they have won this game before the ball has been thrown in,

Cant make it myself,,have a company day out on Saturday ,,so i hope i get to have another day out in Croke Pk ..

,UP THE DUBS

You can checkout anytime u like but u can never leave
Blondie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1978 - 1981 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-July-2010 at 23:02

Looks like my brother can't make it now so the choice is not to go and risk us having a blinding game and kicking myself for not being there or heading anyway solo and then sitting in abject misery while we get played off the park......................... does this say more about me or the dublin team mummmmmmmmmmmmm

Blondie
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-July-2010 at 16:56

Hoping for something similar meself J, the optimist in me says that this type of game is just what we need and that if we can produce the goods,the confidence levels will increase and we might just kick on a little.

The realist in me however,notes that all is not happy in the camp and that some of the senior players don't believe in the management and the system they are being asked to play ( allegedly ) which unfortunately all points to another nervy,disjointed performance which if we are to win will need a huge game from Berno,ably supported by Al, Rory O'Carroll and whoever is designated to pick up Stevie Mac. Least Ronan Clarke won't be fit enough to play,so that's some good news.

If the hurlers have their heads right,we should be too good for Antrim and should make it to their second QF in a row. Won't be as handy as last year's was supposed to be as we'll face Galway, Waterford or Cork.

Blondie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1978 - 1981 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-July-2010 at 16:43

Been looking forward to coming on here and reading all the comments / opinions re the hurlers and the footballers lots of interesting and valid comments but the one that made me smile was R's comment in the middle of his post about last saturday and I quote

"as for the other muppets " this about sums it up................

I am as always optimistic of nature so though my head tells me we could be in for another hiding against Armagh my heart says maybe just maybe they have one good game in them and I will leave smiling.

Thoroughly enjoyed watching the hurlers against Clare last week, only second time I have seen them at Croaker and looking forward to this Saturday too

Blondie
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-July-2010 at 12:06

Made hard work of it though with 15 wides. Thought we should have won by more but two late goals were vital.

Plunkett, Gough,McGarry and Peter Kelly,all top class on the night but best player on the pitch was CHB for Wexford, Andrew Shore. No coincidence that our first goal arrived when he was on the deck after a heavy tackle.

Galway next in the All Ireland Semi Final.

joey the lips View Drop Down
1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-July-2010 at 09:20
Yeah ,great win ..well done to our U21,s,,
You can checkout anytime u like but u can never leave
monarch View Drop Down
Oldest Grover 67-72?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-July-2010 at 00:51
Great cheering coming from

Parnell Park just after 8.40pm

tonight.
There is a crack in everything ...... that's how the light gets in
finno View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
�77 to 82ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-July-2010 at 21:12
Meath, as ever a bunch of thugs and cheats. Cant see them offerring a reply
A man must have a code
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-July-2010 at 11:08

Wouldn't be getting carried away with the hurlers result yet D, although was delighted with the performance. Always going to get periods where you don't compete as well as you should and thought that our lucky goal came just at the right time. Was sitting right where Hiney hit your man from Clare, thought he was dead such was the ferocity of the hit. Funny, think we've stumbled upon our best formation, playing O'Brien in MF and Peter Kelly at wing Back. Felt sorry for Durkin though, one of our better performers in the league in an attacking sense but just couldn't get going on Saturday. Great to see Dotsy ( what a move for Simmo's goal ) and McCrabbe approaching somewhere near their best. Probably should beat Antrim and then face the loser of a Prov Final in the QF. Hopefully there's one big performance left in them.

As for the other muppets....................

Actually thought that the team that finished the game ( bar Casey for Nolan ) should start next week. Have to have Cullen at Wing Forward,the difference between him and Niall Corkery in the few minutes he was on was amazing. Corkery just doesn't know what to do with the ball when he gets it.Fennell also made a big difference in the second half while McCauley has to start. Disappointed in Flynn as I always thought he would make it.

Will be a very similar test to the Meath game,as Armagh have the two Clarkes and the mercurial Stevie Mac in their FF line. Just hope that our three lads aren't left as exposed again.They are also a young side and in transition and I feel that they are the ideal opponents for us at this stage. Beat them and we san surely say that there has been some inprovement, lose and it's back to square one,where many people think we actually are.

Mush better that we face this game now,rather than a " handy " game against Offaly or Wexford.

Can't wait for the weekend.

Uncle Arthur View Drop Down
Really Really Senior Member
Really Really Senior Member
80-85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uncle Arthur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-July-2010 at 23:33

Gutted for Louth. Cheated in the last minute of injury time..

Can't believe that 2 umpires stading beside the goal didn't tell the referee that the meath player had either carried the ball in or thrown it in (both of which are fouls).

Not the referee's fault as he couldn't possibly tell and has to rely on the umpires. Shocking that the ref was assualted on the way off the pitch but the anger of the fans was understandable - to lose like that after waiting for 50 years to play in a leinster final. 

2 weeks ago die hard GAA fans were laughing at the world cup ball over the line debacle saying that it couldn't happen in GAA due to umpires!!!!!

Edited by Uncle Arthur
UA

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity but an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty"

Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-July-2010 at 23:11

Fabulous hurling game between Cork and Waterford today.

Well, the second half
May be going to hell in a bucket but at least I'm enjoying the ride.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
whippersnapper View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
85-89

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whippersnapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-July-2010 at 22:54
Armagh for the footballers and Antrim for the hurlers - will it be a double header (think the hurling has to be neutral venue?

Proper test for the footballers, but Armagh aren't all that (although Stevie Mc is a man on a vengeance)

Hurlers need to play like they did for much of yesterday - but avoid the dross from the start of the game and the start of the second half. Hopefully, the confidence will get a boost from it....
I'm searching for that cash I should have saved for the crash
whippersnapper View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
85-89

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whippersnapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-July-2010 at 22:11
Strange indeed Rolo - hoping to have tix for the Hill meself. Looks like another good day for it 

Football - when I see the Dubs, I can see the problems, I just can't see the solutions. I can see that Cullen can't defend, that Brennan and Bastick are loose cannons, that Griffin is injured, Collie retired etc.
But, what's the solution? Who do you play at centre back?

Giller is stuck between a rock and a hard place - we don't have good enough players, but the great Dublin public think we should be winning Sam.

Giller won't go down as a great of the managerial game at this rate, but he hasn't got much to work with.

Mind you, I agree with you Rolo - he's hopped from player to player and system to system too much. You couldn't get dropped by the previous regime, you can't retain your place under this one.

Really looking forward to the hurling - Daly and Sparrow were clubmates as well as county men I think, the Clare lads will be well up for it, they have that bit more tradition than we have as a hurling county (not much mind you)

Bottom line - we are a Div 1 team and they're not.
We think (or thought before the last few weeks) that we were on the up, and they're on a sticky patch over the last while

If we think we're still on the up, we need to beat them

Not sure we will mind....
I'm searching for that cash I should have saved for the crash
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-July-2010 at 16:33

Strange to be sitting here on the eve of a Leinster Final weekend worrying about playing Tipp in Football but here we are.

Really wish that Gilroy would stick to his beliefs one way or another with regard to team selection.Either he wants to go all out with a new team or he doesn't. Really can't see the point of drafting Cullen and Mossy in for one game and dumping them again along with Cahill and Keaney. Get the impression that some of the experienced fellas just don't believe in the management or in what they are trying to do.

Anyway, will be interesting one way or another and best of luck to O'Gara and Mick Mac on their first Champo starts. Pleased that he has stuck by the FB Line as I would imagine that they will have learned loads from the last day but hope they get a little more protection and assistance.

Hoping for a Blue Double tomorrow and a Road Trip the following weekend.

Ath Cliath Abú.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 95>