Forum Home Forum Home > Non Grove Related Stuff > Off Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Members Gig Reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 32>
Author
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
�77 to 82ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-February-2009 at 13:17
Originally posted by Aries Aries wrote:

Damn Finno I have to wait 'till I get home to see this.

How come some photo's get thru' and some don't.

( And I LOVE TULL )

Jethro Tull (UK)

31/05 –01/06/2009

950 CZK  (about 30 euro)

KCP - Congress Centre Prague

A man must have a code
Sponsored Links

Aries View Drop Down
I spend too much time here!!!
70’s ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-February-2009 at 13:22

Thanks

Finno

That might be well worth looking in to

G

THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE
BUT IT'LL PISS YOU OFF FIRST
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-February-2009 at 00:37

Just in from The Killers at the Point..........yeah I know, but I'll always think of it as the point.

Must say, it's a really fantastic venue with a great view of the stage from every seat, the sound is fantastic and getting in and out is dead handy.

Really great set from the band including Jenny was a friend of mine,Smile like you mean it,Somebody told me, Sam's Town, Interlude,For reasons unknown, Read my mind,Bones, Neon Tiger, Human,The World we live in and savage versions of Mr. Brightside and When you were young.

Had the small fella with us and he didn't stop jumping around and singing the songs from the start to the finish.

Excellent night's entertainment.

Uncle Arthur View Drop Down
Really Really Senior Member
80-85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uncle Arthur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-February-2009 at 00:29

Rolo,

I didn't know you were into mainstream pop bands like the Killers!

UA

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity but an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty"

Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-February-2009 at 00:33

Yeah surprisingly, not a fan yourself ???

80-85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uncle Arthur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-February-2009 at 00:34
Too bland for me I'm afraid
UA

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity but an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty"

Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-February-2009 at 00:38

Yeah yeah Arty,pull the other one.

Seem to remember that you'd all the words of " When you were young " that night in the Irish Cabin in Vilamoura,even though the tool with the hat had your mic turned off.

.............doesn't look a bit like Jesus,but he walks like a gentleman,talks like a gentleman................

Ring any Bells ?

80-85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uncle Arthur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-February-2009 at 00:47
I was only being sociable .....
UA

joey the lips View Drop Down
1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2009 at 09:51

Note ;;; all Bob Dylan fans

On Phantom radio (105.2)  every Sunday evening betwwen the hours of 9 to 10 ,Bob Dylan does  a set called Theme Radio. If you are into Dylan in anyway i would recommend to tune in and chill out and listen to the man

Wondering has anybody else listened to it????,

You can checkout anytime u like but u can never leave
Aries View Drop Down
70’s ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2009 at 11:29

Good tip Joey

Hadn't heard about that but it could be a good chill Sunday night.

( probably put me to sleep earlier than usual. )

Edited by Aries
ShortHairHippie View Drop Down
86-present

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortHairHippie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-February-2009 at 19:42
I went to the Monsters of Rock tribute gig last Sat nite, which were supported by Hairys band,Dirty Deeds,who did a blistering version of Motorheads 'ace of spades' which got the crowd going
the Iron Maiden and Guns n'roses tributes were excellent, and having seen the original bands,I knew how tough it would be for the tribute acts
the Whitesnake band were good,but I thought they could have played better known tunes,as I only knew 3 songs they played,and I know a fair few Whitesnake tunes..
but all in all,it was a great night,and got to meet loads of great people,so tanx to all involved,and a special thanks to ' Hairy '       
god I was pissed....

Edited by ShortHairHippie
upon us all,a little rain must fall
Blondie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1978 - 1981 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-February-2009 at 11:33
Originally posted by joey the lips joey the lips wrote:

Note ;;; all Bob Dylan fans

On Phantom radio (105.2)  every Sunday evening betwwen the hours of 9 to 10 ,Bob Dylan does  a set called Theme Radio. If you are into Dylan in anyway i would recommend to tune in and chill out and listen to the man

Wondering has anybody else listened to it????,

Nope Joey but will have a listen this week luv Dylan.
Heard a show on radio the other night with John Martyn was brill hard to believe he is dead really interesting man,
Blondie
I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it !
1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-March-2009 at 09:28
Really enjoyed the Dylan hour last nite,and strange Blondie, put TV on afterwards and on RTE1 was John Martyn Live in Dublin Gig ,what a talented man .RIP 
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-March-2009 at 10:50
Originally posted by Uncle Arthur Uncle Arthur wrote:

Rolo,

I didn't know you were into mainstream pop bands like the Killers.

So Arty, how was Snow Patrol ?

Black Russian View Drop Down
86-92 and Still going

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-March-2009 at 10:53
Yeah Arty full review and not a one liner 

Rolo at least he Killers have some talent
"Legal downloads is killing Piracy"

http://www.flickr.com/groups/th
BrendanFella View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
1967-71

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanFella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-March-2009 at 00:30

I went to
                  PFX
"THE PINK FLOYD EXPERIENCE"

The other night. These guys were pretty good but it was a very small venue for such an act. It didn't help that I was about 15ft from the stage and besides being blinded and me chest thumping I survived.

Being an Avid Pink Floyd fan and having seeing them live and also the Roger Waters tour last year I think these guys fecked up. Right in the middle of the show they did a whole set of crap I've never heard before. Musta been from the PF first albums. Anyway it wasn't even good stuff so I figure they were just trying to show how deep into PF they were.

However these unheard tracks took the place of some serious songs...resulting in the fact they never even played one of "Another brick...." songs and "Mother".

If they wanted to go far back at least play "Arnold Lane" or something recognizable...jeez.

Anyway, best part of the show was the last 1/2 hour which they started by blasting into "RUN like Hell", Dark side... and on into Comfortable numb etc.

BrendanFella

IRISH DIPLOMACY IS....The ability to tell a man to Go To Hell so that He looks forward to making the trip.

Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-April-2009 at 13:33

It’s not very often that you get to see one of your musical heroes perform a near perfect gig from ten feet away. ( I know I’ve no chance of seeing Joey Ramone or Philo ever again,and highly unlikely that I’ll ever get near Jimmy Page ) , so to be in the very front row for David Byrne at the Concert Hall last night was as near to being in musical heaven ( ‘scuse the pun ) as I think I’ll ever be.

The blog said that Byrne would be performing a show filled with stuff from his Eno collaborations so we went along not knowing what to expect. There is a recent release featuring these two musical giants but to my shame I’ve not picked it up yet so I was hoping that we’d get to hear some of the older Byrne/Eno stuff.

Met a fella in the foyer beforehand who had heard that we’d be lucky to get two or three Heads songs in the set and that the new album would feature heavily.

What a load of baloney that turned out to be.

Mixed in with the new stuff, maybe six or seven songs ( which sounded really good  ) we got I Zimbra, Heaven, Air and Life During Wartime from Fear of Music, we got Houses in  Motion, Born Under Punches, Cross Eyed and Painless, The Great Curve and Once in a Lifetime from Remain in Light, we also got a savage version of Take Me To The River , we got My Big Hands from The Catherine Wheel, we got Help Me Somebody from Bush of Ghosts and a rousing version of Burning Down The House for one of the four encores performed by the band who really looked like they didn’t want to leave the stage, such was the reaction from the crowd.

Byrne had a Bass Player, a Drummer, a Keyboard Player, a Tom Tom Player, three backing singers and three dancers who moved around the stage during several of the songs mesmerizing the audience with their contemporary moves, proving beyond any doubt that the world does indeed move on a woman’s hips. Whether it actually swivels and bops though, is still open for discussion.

Must say, this had to be one of the best gigs I’ve ever seen, and I would imagine that the other xgrover  that was in the audience would share this view.

Gonna get to see Magazine, David Byrne and AC/DC  in the same year……… how good is that ?

All we need now is for Planty to get down off his high horse and tour with Page, Jones and Bonham Junior to make the perfect set.

1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-April-2009 at 14:50
What a reveiw ,sounds like a great gig Rolo,i did,nt even know he was playing ?/ .Hpoe Mr Plant takes your advice
Aries View Drop Down
70’s ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-April-2009 at 08:51

Jeez Rolo, I think I'll get you to write the back sheet on our new CD to be launched later in the year.

Your wasted doing numbers he he he

Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-April-2009 at 10:29

No problem Gary...........after yesterday I might be after a new career !

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 32>