![]() |
Membership Cards |
Post Reply
|
Page 123 4> |
| Author | |
tupelopenny
Die Hard Grover!
81- 83 Joined: 13-May-2007 Status: Offline Points: 3251 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Topic: Membership CardsPosted: 17-January-2008 at 23:00 |
|
I noticed a lot of people say that they still have their cards. So lets see them heres mine |
|
|
Good Grief, Charlie Brown
|
|
![]() |
|
| Sponsored Links | |
![]() |
|
RoundaboutToo!
Die Hard Grover!
’75-’79 and ’06 - present Joined: 17-August-2006 Location: Artane Status: Offline Points: 2034 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 17-January-2008 at 23:06 |
|
good one TP - you haven't changed a bit!
(my card was from the days before photo cards) |
|
![]() |
|
maryi
Die Hard Grover!
74-80 Joined: 23-November-2007 Location: Tralee Status: Offline Points: 2143 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 17-January-2008 at 23:30 |
|
Likewise - no photo or plastic on mine- wherever it is TP you were a handsome devil !!!! |
|
|
mary
|
|
![]() |
|
irish_mammy
Die Hard Grover!
80-84 ish Joined: 16-October-2006 Location: Perth Western Australia (ex Status: Offline Points: 3782 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 18-January-2008 at 06:18 |
|
Not sure where it is and definitely wouldn't put it up here. Too scary for people |
|
|
Lesley
25th June - 25th July. Get organising my nights out. Child can stay in the car. Grove 1980-1984 |
|
![]() |
|
Aries
I spend too much time here!!!
70’s ish Joined: 21-February-2007 Location: Ireland Status: Offline Points: 7799 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 18-January-2008 at 08:26 |
|
As with the above no photo on mine. In fact I don't think photography was invented in 67 --- Was it ?????? What I have noticed however is that they must have re-used membership numbers over and over. Mine was 1482 and that was in 67/68 and I saw on another thread someone else having a number near that in the 80's. I wonder idf anyone has the membership books. Now they would make interesting reading. |
|
|
THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE
BUT IT'LL PISS YOU OFF FIRST |
|
![]() |
|
Bluebell
I have no life!
1981 to 1984 Joined: 07-February-2006 Location: In my kitchen Status: Offline Points: 5054 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 18-January-2008 at 13:07 |
Wouldn't it be brilliant to get our hands on those books. I wonder if Cecil would know who was in charge of them. It would be a great way to get in touch with alot of old friends from the grove too. |
|
|
You are what you wanna be....age doesn't matter
|
|
![]() |
|
Fester
Experienced Poster
Joined: 23-September-2006 Status: Offline Points: 114 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 18-January-2008 at 16:49 |
|
Think this came up before? The main man on the record-keeping side was a lovely old gent called Paul Tighe, of the Tighe butchers family, (still on the corner beside the Sheds at the end of Vernon Avenue). He was Chairman of Belgrove Football Club (for who the Grove was a fundraiser and from whom "The 'Grove" got its name. Paul lived on Mount Prospect Avenue and only passed away a few years ago at a great old age. I remember chatting to him and he said he kept boxes and boxes of Membership details, including Reference Letters!! (I was laughing cos in Chanel it was the old Career Guidance Marist Father that we got references off, if only he knew). Now wouldn't that be a treasure trove of memories to go through over a few pints! |
|
|
I could have played for Ireland (if it wasn't for the booze and the birds)
|
|
![]() |
|
Aries
I spend too much time here!!!
70’s ish Joined: 21-February-2007 Location: Ireland Status: Offline Points: 7799 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 18-January-2008 at 18:03 |
|
I knew a Marlayn Tighe years back who married a friend of mine Kennedy from the top of Brookwood Ave. I believe she was his daughter. They used to live the far side of Swords from me. Must check it out as she may know if the family kept the records??? |
|
|
THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE
BUT IT'LL PISS YOU OFF FIRST |
|
![]() |
|
grainne_witch
Die Hard Grover!
’78 -81 Joined: 31-May-2007 Location: Carlow Status: Offline Points: 3087 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 18-January-2008 at 19:37 |
|
I think I must be part of the 'old' grove membership. I didn't have a photo on mine either! I think I joined in 1978.
|
|
![]() |
|
DAYO
I have no life!
70 / 76 Joined: 07-December-2006 Location: Clontarf Status: Offline Points: 5472 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 18-January-2008 at 21:33 |
|
|
|
Dayo
Grov'in 70 - 76 |
|
![]() |
|
DAYO
I have no life!
70 / 76 Joined: 07-December-2006 Location: Clontarf Status: Offline Points: 5472 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 18-January-2008 at 21:36 |
|
No picks in my day either Gary but as you can see it was signed by Paul Tighe. Im not sure what year it was I think either 70 or 71 |
|
|
Dayo
Grov'in 70 - 76 |
|
![]() |
|
finno
Die Hard Grover!
�77 to 82ish Joined: 21-September-2006 Location: Ireland Status: Offline Points: 3885 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 18-January-2008 at 22:44 |
|
My card was same as dayo's apart from the fact that it had my mane and not his....
|
|
|
A man must have a code
|
|
![]() |
|
Vinyl Junkie
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly) Joined: 18-August-2006 Location: Skerries, Dublin Status: Offline Points: 14121 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 19-January-2008 at 00:04 |
|
Ah, the good ould hair swapping days.... Just kidding lads.... |
|
|
TPFKAB (The Poster Formerly Known As Brunswick).
|
|
![]() |
|
Bluebell
I have no life!
1981 to 1984 Joined: 07-February-2006 Location: In my kitchen Status: Offline Points: 5054 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 19-January-2008 at 00:11 |
Gary that would be great if you could do that. I'm sure the family would not mind passing the books over to us. And maybe just an idea at the next grove reunion we could have a book at the door for people to sign their names and address ( from grove days to present ) just to see who is still coming along. |
|
|
You are what you wanna be....age doesn't matter
|
|
![]() |
|
Fester
Experienced Poster
Joined: 23-September-2006 Status: Offline Points: 114 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 19-January-2008 at 16:30 |
|
I'm having a panic attack here. Went to my little souvenir box, old photos etc (especially from photo booths) for a peep at my Grove Card, its not there. Gutted, going to turn the house upside down now until I find it.
|
|
|
I could have played for Ireland (if it wasn't for the booze and the birds)
|
|
![]() |
|
Floyd
Die Hard Grover!
84 to 89 (ask Tonto) Joined: 29-October-2006 Location: Sunny South East (formerly Artane) Status: Offline Points: 3978 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 19-January-2008 at 20:49 |
|
Not mine,of course,but she'll murder me for this...
|
|
|
There are three kinds of people in the world,those who are able to count,and those who can't...
|
|
![]() |
|
Vinyl Junkie
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly) Joined: 18-August-2006 Location: Skerries, Dublin Status: Offline Points: 14121 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 19-January-2008 at 20:53 |
|
Does she login here Martin? If she does, you're dead!
|
|
|
TPFKAB (The Poster Formerly Known As Brunswick).
|
|
![]() |
|
Stoner
Die Hard Grover!
83-86ish Joined: 17-April-2007 Location: Perth, Australia Status: Offline Points: 2527 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 20-January-2008 at 06:43 |
|
I think my membership was thrown out along with all my records. My mam had a big clean out for the 'sale of work' and as I didn't live at home, all gone.
|
|
|
Impotence; nature's way of saying no hard feelings!
|
|
![]() |
|
grainne_witch
Die Hard Grover!
’78 -81 Joined: 31-May-2007 Location: Carlow Status: Offline Points: 3087 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 20-January-2008 at 10:42 |
|
She shouldn't go mad Martin - she hasn't changed a bit!!!
|
|
![]() |
|
Floyd
Die Hard Grover!
84 to 89 (ask Tonto) Joined: 29-October-2006 Location: Sunny South East (formerly Artane) Status: Offline Points: 3978 |
Post Options
Thanks(0)
Quote Reply
Posted: 20-January-2008 at 12:28 |
|
Just her name...
|
|
|
There are three kinds of people in the world,those who are able to count,and those who can't...
|
|
![]() |
|
Post Reply
|
Page 123 4> |
| Tweet |
| Forum Jump | Forum Permissions ![]() You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum |