The Grove Social Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Grove Social Club > Memory Lane
  New Posts New Posts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login


The Groovy Grove...

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message
eejit91 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
Grove Years 1979-1983-84ish

Joined: 12-October-2005
Location: Sometimes here and sometime
Status: Offline
Points: 8180
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eejit91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Groovy Grove...
    Posted: 12-October-2005 at 17:35

Since I live in the States now I certainly do have my very nostalgic moments of home where my mind takes me back to “The Grove” – The groovy grove as we called it back then.  Many a great night was had there listening to the likes of “Dreamer” – “People Stay” – Carry on my wayward son” – “The Jammin”  just to name a few of the oldies. 

 

We had many a great night fooling around in the grove.   I remember sitting in the hallway watching the talent as we would call it.  We would head into the Flowing Tide first for our vodka and lime – yuck what the hell were we thinking.  Then onto the 29A bus and back to the Grove for a night of head swinging and spit swapping!!! Glorious eh!!!

 

I lived for the summer when we could go 3 nights a week Saturday, Sunday and Wednesday, maximum overload.  I spent some of the best years of my life there.  I was home a few years back and did make a Grove reunion in the Clontarf Rugby Club.  It was amazing to see some of the old faces and the lack of hair… 

 

It is great to see this website put together in honor of some of the best memories ever.  Thanks Cecil for all the great listening moments you gave to us.

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better."
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
Stevie View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar
1976-81ish

Joined: 22-July-2005
Location: Raheny Dublin
Status: Offline
Points: 295
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-October-2005 at 17:39

 

What was the story or myth about vodka & lime?, I now recall drinking it too! shock at the recollection I'd hate even the thoughts of it now!! must have been a reason-funnily enough it was at The Nep too?

Stevie

Back to Top
eejit91 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
Grove Years 1979-1983-84ish

Joined: 12-October-2005
Location: Sometimes here and sometime
Status: Offline
Points: 8180
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eejit91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-October-2005 at 18:08

I don't know Stevie but it's enough to rip your stomach out now eh!  Almost sounds like something you would clean the house with!!!  I remember also taking a bottle of martini out of my house one night and drinking it down the park - puck right!  And another night trying hard to down straight gin!!! We would take a slug and once it would hit the back of your throat you would throw up! What’s the joy in that... that was back in my professional drinking days?  It took some trying but I seem to have got the hang of it...

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better."
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.05
Copyright ©2001-2022 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.164 seconds.