The Grove Social Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Grove Social Club > Memory Lane
  New Posts New Posts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login


Membership Cards

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message
tupelopenny View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
Avatar
81- 83

Joined: 13-May-2007
Status: Offline
Points: 3251
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tupelopenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Membership Cards
    Posted: 17-January-2008 at 23:00

I noticed a lot of people say that they still have their cards.

So lets see them

heres mine

Good Grief, Charlie Brown
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
RoundaboutToo! View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
Avatar
’75-’79 and ’06 - present

Joined: 17-August-2006
Location: Artane
Status: Offline
Points: 2034
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoundaboutToo! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-January-2008 at 23:06
good one TP - you haven't changed a bit!
(my card was from the days before photo cards)
Back to Top
maryi View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
Avatar
74-80

Joined: 23-November-2007
Location: Tralee
Status: Offline
Points: 2143
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maryi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-January-2008 at 23:30

Likewise - no photo  or plastic on mine- wherever it is

TP you were a handsome devil !!!!

mary
Back to Top
irish_mammy View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
Avatar
80-84 ish

Joined: 16-October-2006
Location: Perth Western Australia (ex
Status: Offline
Points: 3782
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_mammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-January-2008 at 06:18

Not sure where it is and definitely wouldn't put it up here.

Too scary for people

Lesley

25th June - 25th July. Get organising my nights out. Child can stay in the car.

Grove 1980-1984
Back to Top
Aries View Drop Down
I spend too much time here!!!
I spend too much time here!!!
Avatar
70’s ish

Joined: 21-February-2007
Location: Ireland
Status: Offline
Points: 7799
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-January-2008 at 08:26

As with the above no photo on mine. In fact I don't think photography was invented in 67 --- Was it ??????

What I have noticed however is that they must have re-used membership numbers over and over.

Mine was 1482 and that was in 67/68 and I saw on another thread someone else having a number near that in the 80's.

I wonder idf anyone has the membership books. Now they would make interesting reading.

THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE
BUT IT'LL PISS YOU OFF FIRST
Back to Top
Bluebell View Drop Down
I have no life!
I have no life!
Avatar
1981 to 1984

Joined: 07-February-2006
Location: In my kitchen
Status: Offline
Points: 5054
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluebell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-January-2008 at 13:07
Originally posted by Aries Aries wrote:

I wonder idf anyone has the membership books. Now they would make interesting reading.



Wouldn't it be brilliant to get our hands on those books. I wonder if Cecil would know who was in charge of them. It would be a great way to get in touch with alot of old friends from the grove too.
You are what you wanna be....age doesn't matter
Back to Top
Fester View Drop Down
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster
Avatar

Joined: 23-September-2006
Status: Offline
Points: 114
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-January-2008 at 16:49

Think this came up before?  The main man on the record-keeping side was a lovely old gent called Paul Tighe, of the Tighe butchers family, (still on the corner beside the Sheds at the end of Vernon Avenue).  He was Chairman of Belgrove Football Club (for who the Grove was a fundraiser and from whom "The 'Grove" got its name.  Paul lived on Mount Prospect Avenue and only passed away a few years ago at a great old age. I remember chatting to him and he said he kept boxes and boxes of Membership details, including Reference Letters!! (I was laughing cos in Chanel it was the old Career Guidance Marist Father that we got references off, if only he knew).  Now wouldn't that be a treasure trove of memories to go through over a few pints!

I could have played for Ireland (if it wasn't for the booze and the birds)
Back to Top
Aries View Drop Down
I spend too much time here!!!
I spend too much time here!!!
Avatar
70’s ish

Joined: 21-February-2007
Location: Ireland
Status: Offline
Points: 7799
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-January-2008 at 18:03

I knew a Marlayn Tighe years back who married a friend of mine Kennedy from the top of Brookwood Ave. I believe she was his daughter.

They used to live the far side of Swords from me.

Must check it out as she may know if the family kept the records???

THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE
BUT IT'LL PISS YOU OFF FIRST
Back to Top
grainne_witch View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
Avatar
’78 -81

Joined: 31-May-2007
Location: Carlow
Status: Offline
Points: 3087
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grainne_witch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-January-2008 at 19:37
I think I must be part of the 'old' grove membership. I didn't have a photo on mine either! I think I joined in 1978.
Back to Top
DAYO View Drop Down
I have no life!
I have no life!
Avatar
70 / 76

Joined: 07-December-2006
Location: Clontarf
Status: Offline
Points: 5472
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAYO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-January-2008 at 21:33
Dayo

Grov'in 70 - 76
Back to Top
DAYO View Drop Down
I have no life!
I have no life!
Avatar
70 / 76

Joined: 07-December-2006
Location: Clontarf
Status: Offline
Points: 5472
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAYO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-January-2008 at 21:36

No picks in my day either Gary but as you can see it was signed by Paul Tighe. Im not sure what year it was I think either 70 or 71

Dayo

Grov'in 70 - 76
Back to Top
finno View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
Avatar
�77 to 82ish

Joined: 21-September-2006
Location: Ireland
Status: Offline
Points: 3885
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-January-2008 at 22:44
My card was same as dayo's apart from the fact that it had my mane and not his....
A man must have a code
Back to Top
Vinyl Junkie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
79-86 (roughly)

Joined: 18-August-2006
Location: Skerries, Dublin
Status: Offline
Points: 14121
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-January-2008 at 00:04

Originally posted by finno finno wrote:

My card was same as dayo's apart from the fact that it had my mane and not his....

Ah, the good ould hair swapping days....

Just kidding lads....

TPFKAB (The Poster Formerly Known As Brunswick).
Back to Top
Bluebell View Drop Down
I have no life!
I have no life!
Avatar
1981 to 1984

Joined: 07-February-2006
Location: In my kitchen
Status: Offline
Points: 5054
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluebell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-January-2008 at 00:11
Originally posted by Aries Aries wrote:

I knew a Marlayn Tighe years back who married a friend of mine Kennedy from the top of Brookwood Ave. I believe she was his daughter.

They used to live the far side of Swords from me.

Must check it out as she may know if the family kept the records???



Gary that would be great if you could do that. I'm sure the family would not mind passing the books over to us. And maybe just an idea at the next grove reunion we could have a book at the door for people to sign their names and address ( from grove days to present ) just to see who is still coming along.
You are what you wanna be....age doesn't matter
Back to Top
Fester View Drop Down
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster
Avatar

Joined: 23-September-2006
Status: Offline
Points: 114
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-January-2008 at 16:30
I'm having a panic attack here. Went to my little souvenir box, old photos etc (especially from photo booths) for a peep at my Grove Card, its not there. Gutted, going to turn the house upside down now until I find it. 
I could have played for Ireland (if it wasn't for the booze and the birds)
Back to Top
Floyd View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
Avatar
84 to 89 (ask Tonto)

Joined: 29-October-2006
Location: Sunny South East (formerly Artane)
Status: Offline
Points: 3978
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-January-2008 at 20:49

Not mine,of course,but she'll murder me for this...

There are three kinds of people in the world,those who are able to count,and those who can't...
Back to Top
Vinyl Junkie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
79-86 (roughly)

Joined: 18-August-2006
Location: Skerries, Dublin
Status: Offline
Points: 14121
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-January-2008 at 20:53
Does she login here Martin?  If she does, you're dead!
TPFKAB (The Poster Formerly Known As Brunswick).
Back to Top
Stoner View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
Avatar
83-86ish

Joined: 17-April-2007
Location: Perth, Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 2527
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-January-2008 at 06:43
I think my membership was thrown out along with all my records. My mam had a big clean out for the 'sale of work' and as I didn't live at home, all gone. 
Impotence; nature's way of saying no hard feelings!
Back to Top
grainne_witch View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
Avatar
’78 -81

Joined: 31-May-2007
Location: Carlow
Status: Offline
Points: 3087
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grainne_witch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-January-2008 at 10:42
She shouldn't go mad Martin - she hasn't changed a bit!!!
Back to Top
Floyd View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
Avatar
84 to 89 (ask Tonto)

Joined: 29-October-2006
Location: Sunny South East (formerly Artane)
Status: Offline
Points: 3978
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-January-2008 at 12:28
Just her name...
There are three kinds of people in the world,those who are able to count,and those who can't...
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.05
Copyright ©2001-2022 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.160 seconds.