The Grove Social Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Grove Social Club > Grove Reunions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Grove Reunion - November 16th 2018, Abbey Tavern

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
I spend too much time here!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-November-2018 at 12:07
Forgot to mention, met Rolo as well,who kept drinking my pints when I was up "dancing"! lol,joking of course, again lovely to meet another face behind the nickname...
One of its legs is both the same
Sponsored Links

Sister1 View Drop Down
Really Really Senior Member
88-91

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-November-2018 at 12:14
Great stuff Gerry. Special nights alright. Ive said it before but in my view two key ingrediants to reunions. Great music and great people. Add to that the venue and its a winner.
Keep it Local, Keep it Near!
Rahenyrhythm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-November-2018 at 12:20
Cheers Brian, you said it. Its the nearest I've coming to knowing the meaning of a "hive mind". I actually feel brilliant today. The " afterglow" of a brilliant, brilliant night is stopping any bit of an oul hangover that might be trying to develop...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-November-2018 at 12:22
And yeah Brian, as you were saying before, that room we were in is very "Grove-y" OK.
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-November-2018 at 12:29
Very positive vibes there Gerry.
Knew you'd love it.
As I said before many times the Grove community is special and unique where everybody is bonded together through music and mutual friendship and respect.
Being a Grover is a special honour and age, musical generation and taste makes no difference.
We are one special community. Long may it continue.🎸🎸✌✌❀❀
May be going to hell in a bucket but at least I'm enjoying the ride.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Pogue Mahoney View Drop Down
I have no life!
I have no life!
68-71

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pogue Mahoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-November-2018 at 12:45
I'm getting the vibe myself all the way from the US...I say we elect Gerry as official Grove ambassador and petition Michael D. Higgins for free Belgrove soccer jerseys.Thumbs Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-November-2018 at 12:58
Cheers lads. I'd happily take on that labour of love Poguey. Oh, I did my special dance with you in mind! One I haven't done in a long time - I duck-walked from one side of a big circle to the other - and back again! Without actually falling over !!! A sight to behold,the crowd laughed until they stopped!!!
ShortHairHippie View Drop Down
86-present

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortHairHippie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-November-2018 at 13:40
great night as always,missed some faces,but nice meeting you Gerry... 2 reunions next year...keep an eye out for details
upon us all,a little rain must fall
I have no life!
I have no life!
68-71

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pogue Mahoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-November-2018 at 13:50
Why did the duck-walk from one side of a big circle to the other?

ans: One of its legs is both the same

HAH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-November-2018 at 16:37
Ha ha, that about sums it up Poguey!

Sean/SHH, yep great to meet up, will try get longer chat in next time. Delighted with twice-yearly gig, if the lads get it together. Was gas earlier, Annette my wife was asking me, in innocence "well, glad you enjoyed it, is that it so?" Me: "eh, no, I'll be going to more of them" Annette: "How many, like?" Me: "All of them" πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Ah no, she's sound really, might bring her along to one of them. I assume partners etc, even with a non-Grove history, are acceptable ...!!!
I have no life!
I have no life!
68-71

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pogue Mahoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-November-2018 at 19:23
I hear there is a Snoopy's reunion planned. The bouncers on the door will not be letting anyone in.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-November-2018 at 23:23
ShortHairHippie View Drop Down
86-present

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortHairHippie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-November-2018 at 23:36
Gerry,the Grove family welcomes everyone
upon us all,a little rain must fall

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-November-2018 at 23:40
Vinyl Junkie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-November-2018 at 11:52
Great night altogether lads - so glad you enjoyed it Gerry - I knew you would. I'm actually still a bit ropey this morning (I was in bits yesterday) but it was in a worthy cause...
TPFKAB (The Poster Formerly Known As Brunswick).
Sister1 View Drop Down
88-91

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-November-2018 at 12:51
Gerry you should absolutley bring your wife along. Mine didnt really go to the grove but loves the reunions. Its a good night even if you never went.
Keep it Local, Keep it Near!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-November-2018 at 18:13
Cheers lads...Mel, I spent that much time eejitin round on the dancefloor I didn't drink a huge amount (very unusual for me, I can tell you)! and also I sweated some of it out ... Annette is actually quite keen to go to a Grove night - as you lads were saying before, she saw how much I really looked forward to it, then how much I really enjoyed it ...

...might get me round the "Easter Sunday" thing Mel! If Annette wants to go that night, I'm made up. She is a lovely, friendly person (obviously, if we got married!), will talk to one and all - more reserved than me but that wouldn't be hard and I think is real curious to meet these people I keep going on about ... she has a bit of πŸ™€πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆ at my dancefloor antics, but sure so would I if I could see meself - that bleedin duckwalk nearly killed me altogether!   So you never know !

Mel, hope you feel better tonight/tomorrow ...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-November-2018 at 18:14
...and Brian thanks for the kind invite to Annette ... You could be meeting her yet !
Vinyl Junkie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-November-2018 at 19:30
Lucky you getting around the "Easter Sunday" restriction, if you do, Gerry. Thanks for the "get well soon" wishes as well, not sick or anything now - just have a bit of a pain in the tummy. I'll get over it.
TPFKAB (The Poster Formerly Known As Brunswick).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-November-2018 at 20:42
πŸ‘πŸ˜Š
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>