The Grove Social Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Grove Social Club > The Grove Documentary Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I’m famous!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Engelbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I’m famous!?
    Posted: 20-September-2006 at 12:33

Anyway was busy going about my way yesterday evening with another old Sudo cream wearing Grovie doing are our Grovie  side step thing to Sisters of Mercy followed by joy division and discussing life?
Consequently We missed this Grove Documentary?

During our light meal We were interrupted by several text messages and calls AFTER the show was on tv. When it was OVER? They were all laughing and joking at my head on telly with sudo cream on my face and a can of LCL pils. Of course the first call seemed like a joke but eventually it occured to me this was real.

"Hey I'm actually on Tv"

Apparently lots of folk were saying that the documentary was really excellent. Thats really great but I'd like to see what image of my head was broadcasted across the country last night with the lads there and the cans of Lcl and sudocream.

Anyway Dunno if there is any chance of getting hands on a dvd of this show. I'm sure there's loads of people that would be interested in this as memorablia.

Fond memorys of beer down your tights and rolling about the floor to music.

Kind Regards,
Engelbert,
DVD asap.

Sponsored Links

Mrs R Smith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs R Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-September-2006 at 13:36

Hiya,

RTE actually have a service where by for a fee they will give you copy of anything they show.

Amazing how many newbie members floating around since yesterday ME very proudly included.

Still amazed by the crusty hairloss he looks so grown up..

xk
DC 89-91 View Drop Down
About 89 to 91ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC 89-91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-September-2006 at 15:50
Mrs R S, were you a contemporary of crusty's back in the day? If so I might know you...
finno View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
�77 to 82ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-September-2006 at 16:12
Saw documentary and brought up so many memories. Went straight after online and found this site. Reading some of the correspondance songs i'd forgotten. Had some photos of grove circa 1980 - will have to find them. I still have two old cassettes (compilations) labelled "slow grove" and "fast grove".
A man must have a code
Hayseed Dixie View Drop Down
Really Really Senior Member
’79 - ’84 (approx)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayseed Dixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-September-2006 at 16:15

Welcome aboard Finno

If Ya find any pics..there's a thread started in Memory Lane for old pics...

I'm off home now to see can a find a few to put up...

Chill night with a few JD's...Yee Haar!!!
Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again. - (Henri Cartier-Bresson)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs R Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-September-2006 at 16:16

Helllllo...

Well your 89/91 era is bang on but I don't reci you from your picture have you got a different oneaha ha

What school you go to?

xk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs R Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-September-2006 at 16:18
sorry I didn't say FAO DC 89/91
xk
Vinyl Junkie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-September-2006 at 16:19

Welcome Finno and Mrs R Smith - hope ye stick around and share your memories (although I see you've posted 9 times already M.R.S. so it looks like you're hooked already).

TPFKAB (The Poster Formerly Known As Brunswick).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs R Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-September-2006 at 16:48

Adddicted it is sooooooooo exciting all of it and I have posted more than 9 times at least a dozen.

Dieing to see more faces :)

xk
aurnia View Drop Down
88-90

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aurnia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-September-2006 at 21:55

Mrs R Smith - I'm another one from your era! '88-90!

And of the goff/curehead variety..

Time some of ye compatriots got on board - too many hippies and rockers here!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs R Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-September-2006 at 14:50

Aurnia nice to meet you we prob hand danced at some stage with one ear on the shoulder DID YOU DO IT? yes I did and every now and again the dance comes out even though I am getting past it.

You know Iwas just thinking the same myself far to many rockers remember that band oh what were they called????? oh yeah HUSH allllways going on about spilt milk load of smelly Rockers haha

I KNOW THEY ARE ALL HERE SOME WHERE AT LEAST 3 OF THEM ON DOCU

xk
aurnia View Drop Down
88-90

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aurnia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-September-2006 at 23:40
Originally posted by Mrs R Smith Mrs R Smith wrote:

Aurnia nice to meet you we prob hand danced at some stage with one ear on the shoulder DID YOU DO IT? yes I did and every now and again the dance comes out even though I am getting past it.

You know Iwas just thinking the same myself far to many rockers remember that band oh what were they called????? oh yeah HUSH allllways going on about spilt milk load of smelly Rockers haha

I KNOW THEY ARE ALL HERE SOME WHERE AT LEAST 3 OF THEM ON DOCU

No Mrs R Smith, I didn't do that! Oh wait now, wait now. Was that the dance that people did to In-Between Days?! Perhaps I did then.

I do know The Cureheads did a different dance in The Grove to other school socials that I went to back then - including Wesley's.

I did do the big sway think for The Smiths's How Soon is Now.. still do!

Heh on the rockers! You going to the reunion?

I'll be there with bells on - with hair backcombed back up to the days of old, the big shirts, docs (still wear docs by the way!) etc etc !I'll persuade the mates to do the same!

Btw I need to practise the dance for REM's Stand & B52's Rock Lobster! I was waaaaaayyyyyyyyy out of practise for the the April reunion!

Oh and who was The Curehead (bloke) that was interviewed on the docu. His face is familiar. Were you in the docu yourself?

The two girls that were interviewed also look familar and the pic supplied especially so. That wasn't taken in The Grove was it? Didn't seem to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs R Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-September-2006 at 18:52

I went to wesley also thats funny.

As for the Rockers I jest still lokking for the HUSH boys I know your here >>>>

And no I wasn't on the Docu I am far to talented it would have upset cecil and andy stealing the limelight from them.hehe tongue and cheek.

I had 16 hole purple docks and i covered them by hand with black lace. 

xk
aurnia View Drop Down
88-90

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aurnia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-September-2006 at 19:44

I went to wesley also thats funny.

As for the Rockers I jest still lokking for the HUSH boys I know your here >>>>

And no I wasn't on the Docu I am far to talented it would have upset cecil and andy stealing the limelight from them.hehe tongue and cheek.

I had 16 hole purple docks and i covered them by hand with black lace. 

Heh! Wesley's - I've still got my membership card from them but it's not a patch on our Grove! And the Cureheads were t**sers over there! Mind you, I shouldn't say that too loud - some of my friends and one dj colleague is ex-Wesley's!

I had yer standard 8 hole doc's (or baby doc's as they were called back then).. I since upgraded to the 10 hole with steel toe caps!

Handy for work and stuff too!

Handcovering with lace - wow. I wasn't that creative.. must have taken you ages!

Btw meant to also add - yer man Ray Doyle.. now he's another familiar face from back then. Where is he from?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs R Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-September-2006 at 18:54

How is the REM and B52 dance practise going ??

I missed a little of it but the name Ray Doyle sounds familliar they must all be on here somewhere >>.>... Speaking of which have you been in the chat room yet all a little daunting I popped in and run back out again(just realised your a senior member so i am sure you have)

The docks were pretty cool if I say so myself.

May just recreate a pair for the reunion.

xk
aurnia View Drop Down
88-90

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aurnia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-September-2006 at 21:22

How is the REM and B52 dance practise going ??

I missed a little of it but the name Ray Doyle sounds familliar they must all be on here somewhere >>.>... Speaking of which have you been in the chat room yet all a little daunting I popped in and run back out again(just realised your a senior member so i am sure you have)

The docks were pretty cool if I say so myself.

May just recreate a pair for the reunion.

Practising for the dances - not good.. will have to get refresher lessons! LOL!

Yeah Ray Doyle looks and sounds familiar.. I'm wondering where he's from. I'm sure he's here. There was another guy from Glasnevin and went to Vinnies but he's not here anymore.

Ah you should do something with your docs. Sounds great and have a wow factor. I was talking to the mates last night - got my ticket off one of them and they are more or less up for dressing up goth/curehead as in days of old. Ok none of us are as skinny as we were or have the hair the same length (except for me! ) but they are on for "going as we were"!

Oh I've been in the chat room, but only just dip in and out - it's a bit daunting alright and so many of them actually know each other for real..

I joined in April and only got to groupie about 2/3 weeks ago.. and only now to Senior member before weekend.. unlike some others we know - Hayseed for instances. 2 days and he was a senior member! LOL!

’79 - ’84 (approx)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayseed Dixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-September-2006 at 21:32
Originally posted by aurnia aurnia wrote:

I joined in April and only got to groupie about 2/3 weeks ago.. and only now to Senior member before weekend.. unlike some others we know - Hayseed for instances. 2 days and he was a senior member! LOL!

Ah here..am I getting a rep or what around here

It's not my fault I'm so chatty and have an opinion on every subject under the sun..or moon...hehehe!!

Besides...couldn't stand the idea of a secret room that I wasn't a member of...
Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again. - (Henri Cartier-Bresson)
Vinyl Junkie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-September-2006 at 21:40

You did hear about the secret, secret room (when you reach 250 posts) didnt you??

Oops, now I've done it!

Edited by Brunswick
TPFKAB (The Poster Formerly Known As Brunswick).
aurnia View Drop Down
88-90

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aurnia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-September-2006 at 21:44

Originally posted by Brunswick Brunswick wrote:

You did hear about the secret, secret room (when you reach 250 posts) didnt you??

Pph! I do have a life you know!

’79 - ’84 (approx)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayseed Dixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-September-2006 at 21:45

Oh yeah Brun..heard about that one okay...

but did you hear about the Ultra hush hush secret room when ya reach 320 posts?

I heard all the girls on TGSC call around to your house and become your personal love-slave till you reach 400 posts....hehehe!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>