Interesting Pics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 286287288289290 311>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Aries View Drop Down
I spend too much time here!!!
70’s ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-August-2007 at 11:30
I'm in--need to decide soon though before there's a rush on the costumes
THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE
BUT IT'LL PISS YOU OFF FIRST
Sponsored Links

Bluebell View Drop Down
I have no life!
I have no life!
1981 to 1984

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluebell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-August-2007 at 11:12
I have an idea.......

If there is a halloween grove reunion, I think we should all go in fancy dress as hippy's ( hire out hippy costumes and mad wigs, the more outrageous the better) and then we can pose for the camera for the calender. Only to go on sale between the Grove website members though. I reckon there is enough members here to make money for charity and it would be a great keepsake for us all to have.

So who's game ? the more the merrier
You are what you wanna be....age doesn't matter
Hayseed Dixie View Drop Down
Really Really Senior Member
’79 - ’84 (approx)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayseed Dixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-August-2007 at 11:08

For a price Gary..for a price...
Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again. - (Henri Cartier-Bresson)
Aries View Drop Down
70’s ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-August-2007 at 10:45

HD

If your doin' cameraman for the ladies section of the calender--Can I do the lights !!!!!

’79 - ’84 (approx)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayseed Dixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-August-2007 at 10:31

Yeah Sinead..Like you'd need any airbrushing..hehe!!

Robbie... I have my black and white conversion process set as an action in Photoshop..so it's literally 1 click to convert. I use Channel Mixer for converting to mono and it couldn't be simpler. Really does give you more control over it than letting the camera decide.

Hey Honeybunny...course you're my baby..;-) But you know Nikkie Nikon is so dear to my heart too....

Hmmm..a camera thread huh? ..might just go do that now and see how it takes off...good thinking Mr. Posh....

Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again. - (Henri Cartier-Bresson)
star View Drop Down
89-92 I think so anyway!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote star Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-August-2007 at 23:28

yah know I have no pics of the Grove Days and that is no joke, hated having anything extra on me except membership card . No coat or nothing, even hate having to carry a bag now!

With regards to a calendar, hope you are seriously good at air brushing HD!

Never Again on a school night! Famous last words
Floyd View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
84 to 89 (ask Tonto)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-August-2007 at 23:10
Blown out there,Bloob...why don't you guys start a camera thread?Tonto would probably be into that.
There are three kinds of people in the world,those who are able to count,and those who can't...
Bluebell View Drop Down
I have no life!
I have no life!
1981 to 1984

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluebell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-August-2007 at 19:01
Originally posted by Hayseed Dixie Hayseed Dixie wrote:

Freebird..the Canon 400D and Nikon D80 (my Baby) are similarly spec'd cameras and will both give excellent results.

I though I was your baby
You are what you wanna be....age doesn't matter
freebird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freebird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-August-2007 at 13:57
[QUOTE=Hayseed Dixie]
Freebird..the Canon 400D and Nikon D80 (my Baby) are similarly spec'd cameras and will both give excellent results. The one thing that most people agree about Nikons is that they are more intuitive to use for beginners. The menu system is easier to get around in other words. But really most photographers will advise you to go try the cameras in a shop.

HD. I have always been an SLR fan but as yet haven't made the move to DSLR (Have a little digital sony job for happy snaps).

Glad to hear the Nikon is more user friendly, I was reading up on the Canon last night, the menu on that camera would take a bit of getting used to

Hope to go to the camera shop this week and get a feeeeeeeeeeeeell for them!.

will let you know how I go

Black Russian View Drop Down
86-92 and Still going

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-August-2007 at 13:13
Originally posted by Hayseed Dixie Hayseed Dixie wrote:

Pete..that's a nice long exposure shot (8 secs). Can really get some nice results with long exposures.

The camera auto determines the length of the exposure depending on what light is available. My camera has come down in price in Dixon its down from €450 to €370... The brother thinking of getting one now.

HD had a quick look at the Nixon D40.. took my hand and eyes real quick though. I might start thinking of an SLR after Christmas

HD and Robbie63 I have a Photoshop Tutorial on CD if either of you want a copy of it. I haven't watched it yet myself though

P

"Legal downloads is killing Piracy"

http://www.flickr.com/groups/th
Robbie63 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
80-83

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbie63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-August-2007 at 12:45
[/QUOTE]Robbie ... to be honest all the DSLR's can take mono images in camera..but really all it's doing is converting it in camera as Digital Camera only "see" in colour. It's far better to convert in a photo editing program. If ya like I can send ya some stuff on some different ways of converting to mono.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I´m just lazy, but I find it very time consuming converting all my pics to black and white in Photoshop.
Robbie     
’79 - ’84 (approx)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayseed Dixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-August-2007 at 11:46
Originally posted by Robbie63 Robbie63 wrote:

Well...if it's any help..BUY NIKON!!!!! hehehe!! Howdo you find the Pentax? I just bought a Ricoh Film SLR which is basically a Pentax rebadged.

The pentax is a nice and easy camera to us. It is very comfortable to hold, but I feel that the picture quality is a bit lacking. I want an SLR that can take great black and white pics without having to convert them in the computer. The Canon Eos 400 does this but I haven´t tried it yet.
I also have a Minolta DImage Z3 which takes amazing pics. The only problem is that it eats batteries and takes ages to focus.

Robbie ... to be honest all the DSLR's can take mono images in camera..but really all it's doing is converting it in camera as Digital Camera only "see" in colour. It's far better to convert in a photo editing program. If ya like I can send ya some stuff on some different ways of converting to mono.

Freebird..the Canon 400D and Nikon D80 (my Baby) are similarly spec'd cameras and will both give excellent results. The one thing that most people agree about Nikons is that they are more intuitive to use for beginners. The menu system is easier to get around in other words. But really most photographers will advise you to go try the cameras in a shop. Hold them and see which feel more comfortable in your hands :-)..and yes..I'm still talking cameras here

Pete..that's a nice long exposure shot (8 secs). Can really get some nice results with long exposures.

Oh...and as regards a Grove Calender Boys thing..hey..I'll volunteer my service free of charge...as long as I am BEHIND the lens...heheh.

Oh and...what about a Calender Girls one?? Heaven knows we have enough good looking girls on this site..hehehe!!

Later peeps!!
Aries View Drop Down
70’s ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-August-2007 at 09:26

Oh yeh

Mine will be in Black and White

Colour wasn't invented back when I went to the Grove !!!

Aries View Drop Down
70’s ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-August-2007 at 09:25

Pete

Any shot from that era will do--don't you think. You must have one ??

I'm going to have a good root ( sorry I said that ) around for some.

I'll need help then as I haven't a clue how to get them scanned on to this site

86-92 and Still going

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-August-2007 at 00:01
Originally posted by Evangeline Evangeline wrote:

Originally posted by Black Russian Black Russian wrote:

That would be fun actually, if ppl would post pics of themselves in their Grove days. What do you guys think?

Jen ;->

I think that has been tried before somewhere. I honestly have no photos of me when I was at the Grove only my membership card that I can't find. Its not in the place I last left it.

P

Excuses, excuses!  

Seriously I don't

P

verh View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-August-2007 at 20:28

Evangeline,

Hope your ankle is getting better.  Your idea is great ie the Calender - go ahead and organise that, great fun for Christmas. V

verh View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-August-2007 at 20:27

Well...if it's any help..BUY NIKON!!!!! hehehe!! Howdo you find the Pentax? I just bought a Ricoh Film SLR which is basically a Pentax rebadged.

Robbie- I am no photographer but have a Ricoh and love it - it does the work, V

The pentax is a nice and easy camera to us. It is very comfortable to hold, but I feel that the picture quality is a bit lacking. I want an SLR that can take great black and white pics without having to convert them in the computer. The Canon Eos 400 does this but I haven´t tried it yet.
I also have a Minolta DImage Z3 which takes amazing pics. The only problem is that it eats batteries and takes ages to focus.
Verona
Evangeline View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
86-88

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evangeline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-August-2007 at 19:02
Originally posted by Black Russian Black Russian wrote:

That would be fun actually, if ppl would post pics of themselves in their Grove days. What do you guys think?

Jen ;->

I think that has been tried before somewhere. I honestly have no photos of me when I was at the Grove only my membership card that I can't find. Its not in the place I last left it.

P

Excuses, excuses!  

"Gentlemen! You can't fight in here, this is the War Room!"
Robbie63 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
80-83

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbie63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-August-2007 at 12:45

I finally found the quote button. I never noticed that until now.
Robbie     
86-92 and Still going

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-August-2007 at 12:35

Jen ;->

P

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 286287288289290 311>