The Grove Social Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Grove Social Club > Songs from The Grove
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Grove songs played 1980 to 1986 approx...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
85-89

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whippersnapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-March-2008 at 15:06
Originally posted by Black Russian Black Russian wrote:

June I don't think so.. What I can remember Cecil only played good bands and music

I reckon he did though

But from what I remember, you went home about half nine at the last reunion and couldn't remember anything?

He played Boyzone all night after you left

I'm searching for that cash I should have saved for the crash
Sponsored Links

Vinyl Junkie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-March-2008 at 15:21

June,

I'm not absolutely certain but I *think* Journey were played.  IanL came up with a load of tracks for me when I was compiling my original 1980-1986 lists and he remembers "Dont stop believing" and "Separate Ways" being played.  Considering he got a lot of other obscure tracks by other bands on the list(that I do definitely remember being played), I'll go with his memory rather than mine. 

TPFKAB (The Poster Formerly Known As Brunswick).
Esthalon View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
86 - 90

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Esthalon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-March-2008 at 15:32
Cheers Guys. I'll just have to wait until the next reunion and request it so.  
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for Breakfast!
Black Russian View Drop Down
I spend too much time here!!!
I spend too much time here!!!
86-92 and Still going

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-March-2008 at 15:45
Originally posted by whippersnapper whippersnapper wrote:

Originally posted by Black Russian Black Russian wrote:

June I don't think so.. What I can remember Cecil only played good bands and music

I reckon he did though

But from what I remember, you went home about half nine at the last reunion and couldn't remember anything?

He played Boyzone all night after you left

It was quarter to 10 that I left

"Legal downloads is killing Piracy"

http://www.flickr.com/groups/th
Floyd View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
84 to 89 (ask Tonto)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-March-2008 at 22:30
Pretty sure I remember 'Who's Crying Now' in the slowies???
There are three kinds of people in the world,those who are able to count,and those who can't...
Grovegirl View Drop Down
I have no life!
I have no life!
77-81

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grovegirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-March-2008 at 23:26

Don't remember any slowies ,Martin.....I was left a wallflower while himself sat on a barstool enjoying the craic with a few others!

Does any one remember a 'ladies choice' at the Grove? If so ,we'll have to have one at the next reunion...what do you say girls ?

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-March-2008 at 20:30
Ah, the ladies choice - I remember them Mary, only because I was never lucky enough to be asked up by a lass in those days.  

Edited by Brunswick
Grovegirl View Drop Down
I have no life!
I have no life!
77-81

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grovegirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-March-2008 at 20:53
 Better watch out ,Mel, at the next reunion!
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-March-2008 at 21:09
Woohoo!!  I better make the next one then!!  
whippersnapper View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
85-89

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whippersnapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-March-2008 at 22:02

Mel, Them women might invite you up, but spoil it all by asking why you haven't brought the good looking members of your family with you

I'm searching for that cash I should have saved for the crash
Blondie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1978 - 1981 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-March-2008 at 23:01

Mel, Them women might invite you up, but spoil it all by asking why you haven't brought the good looking members of your family with you

ROTFL snapper hope you had a valid excuse and hopefully they will be there next time

Edited by Blondie
Blondie
I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it !
DAYO View Drop Down
I have no life!
I have no life!
70 / 76

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAYO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-March-2008 at 22:49
Jases Mel you'l be knackered at the next reunion, They'l all be after you now
Dayo

Grov'in 70 - 76
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-March-2008 at 22:51

Hope springs eternal, Dave!  

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-March-2008 at 22:52

Yo Darach, my standard reply to that one is "Well, they're busy..will I do instead??"

Blondie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1978 - 1981 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-March-2008 at 23:03
ah Mel but have u seen his brothers
Blondie
I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it !
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-September-2009 at 01:10
*bump*

I'm shamelessly plugging this thread just in case any newer members want to contribute.
Evangeline View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
86-88

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evangeline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-October-2009 at 22:39
Question for those who were Groving in the late 80's. Does anyone remember 'Moonchild' by Fields of the Nephilim every being played? Maybe my memory's playing tricks but I'm listening to it right now and I keep seeing the Grove in mind's eye. Any remember this or am I actually losing it?

(Bitchin' track btw )

Jen
"Gentlemen! You can't fight in here, this is the War Room!"
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-October-2009 at 22:55
Cant say I recall that one Jen...then again, by the late 80s, I was only going down intermittently, and at around 11.45pm, so maybe someone else would be better placed to answer (maybe ask Cecil at the Reunion?).  Moonchild by Rory Gallagher is all that comes to my mind....
Chris Rooney View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
83-91

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Rooney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-October-2009 at 23:31
Never really paid much attention to other music except metal/rock & slowies! Listening to it now on youtube, doesn't ring a bell I'm afraid Jen. You know when you hear a song, even years later & you go yeah that's a Grove song?

Edited by Chris Rooney
Lovely cushioned header, for Gerrard!!!! Oooooooooooh you beauty! What a hit son, what a hit!!!!
Evangeline View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
86-88

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evangeline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-October-2009 at 19:16
Thought so....must be confusing it with one of my later hang-outs. Yes folks, I AM losing my mind! 

Jen
"Gentlemen! You can't fight in here, this is the War Room!"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>