Forum Home Forum Home > Non Grove Related Stuff > Off Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The GAA site

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 95>
Author
I spend too much time here!!!
1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The GAA site
    Posted: 30-January-2008 at 14:00

Just thought maybe not everybody is into the gaa so why not give it its own forum,

First up just heard that the O,Byrne cup Final against Longford has been changed to Friday 8th of Feb under lights in Parnell Pk ,so it wont clash with the 6 nations against France on the 9th Feb

You can checkout anytime u like but u can never leave
Sponsored Links

Haviland Tuf View Drop Down
82-90

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haviland Tuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-January-2008 at 14:02

Good move re the thread (got onto lots of trouble over our last little chat! lol)

Friday night in PP might be a good thing.  Adds an extra level of athmosphere.

[ps Joey, what is your full name so I can tell my Dad I was chatting to you on here.]

Coincidence, if traced back far enough, becomes inevitable
Black Russian View Drop Down
86-92 and Still going

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-January-2008 at 14:12

Awww Jaysisi now we have a GAA topic and a Soccer one..... I think I give Bluebell a shout and we start a Formula 1 topic and a tennis one

P
"Legal downloads is killing Piracy"

http://www.flickr.com/groups/th
joey the lips View Drop Down
1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-January-2008 at 14:19

Now Now only GAA talk aload here Pete

Send name onto you there H.T threw P.M

82-90

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haviland Tuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-January-2008 at 14:20
Got it Joe, thanks.
1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-January-2008 at 14:28
Any body got any veiws on the Cork players strike ,personaly i dont agree with the players holding the Board to ransom ,and feel like meath should get a walk over this week and be given the points ,i have a feeling if this was Dublin the game would not be postponed and we not would be given the time that the Cork  boys are getting
82-90

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haviland Tuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-January-2008 at 14:34
Totally agree, Dublin always treated differently.  But also if it was a smaller county (Laois, Leitrim) they would be told play or forfeit.
1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-January-2008 at 14:35
Dead right about the weaker counties for sure
Aries View Drop Down
70’s ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-January-2008 at 14:46

Originally posted by Black Russian Black Russian wrote:

Awww Jaysisi now we have a GAA topic and a Soccer one..... I think I give Bluebell a shout and we start a Formula 1 topic and a tennis one

P

Anyone for ruger !!!!!!!

THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE
BUT IT'LL PISS YOU OFF FIRST
Black Russian View Drop Down
86-92 and Still going

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-January-2008 at 14:56

I think all the other 31 Counties GAA players should all go out on strike with their fellow Cork players... No unity in this game

P
"Legal downloads is killing Piracy"

http://www.flickr.com/groups/th
1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-January-2008 at 15:27
Good to see you talking about the Gaa Pete will we see ya in Parnell Pk at the weekend    
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-January-2008 at 15:33

Originally posted by Aries Aries wrote:

Anyone for ruger !!!!!!!

................and you can feck right off with that one Gary.

No egg chasing discussions allowed.

Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-January-2008 at 15:38

Oh, just on Cork.................

It's a tricky one on the basis that I really do think that the Manager should be allowed to choose his own backroom team rather than have them imposed on him by the County Board. I reckon the only reason that plonker Frank Murphy and his buddies appointed Teddy Holland in the first place is that he was seen as someone who wouldn't kick and scream when this was imposed on him. Therefore he is seen by the players as a " Yes Man " and they have no confidence in him.

Hopefully the postponement of the Meath game for a week will allow enough time for the row to be settled.

I would also hope that it is resolved before we play them in Pairc Uí Rinn on 16th Feb and that they have very little training done and that we hammer them.

1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-January-2008 at 15:38
Sweet caption Rolo
Aries View Drop Down
70’s ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-January-2008 at 15:39
He he he he he
THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE
BUT IT'LL PISS YOU OFF FIRST
Bluebell View Drop Down
I have no life!
I have no life!
1981 to 1984

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluebell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-January-2008 at 15:55
Originally posted by Black Russian Black Russian wrote:

P

Only another 5 weeks to go Pete till the new Formula 1 season gets started......... come on Ferrari.
You are what you wanna be....age doesn't matter
grainne_witch View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
’78 -81

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grainne_witch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-January-2008 at 16:31
In my opinion the ref allowed too much handball from the Dublin team in the Dublin Carlow match last Sunday! Otherwise Carlow would have come out far better!! What do you think Rolo???
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-January-2008 at 16:32
Yeah, you're right Grainne..............and sure Philly McMahon was miles offside for our goal too .
grainne_witch View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
’78 -81

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grainne_witch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-January-2008 at 16:35

I totally agree and he wasn't the only one - I think they were all offside to be honest!

I just LOVE this thread!!!!

Blondie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1978 - 1981 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-January-2008 at 20:35
LOL G just knew you would love this one really looking forward to your insights over the next few months
Blondie
I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 95>