Stryder

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Biker Pat View Drop Down
I spend too much time here!!!
I spend too much time here!!!
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stryder
    Posted: 28-January-2024 at 00:09
Now here's a blast from the past !!!
May be going to hell in a bucket but at least I'm enjoying the ride.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Sponsored Links

JDB1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDB1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-January-2024 at 16:32
Guess what I found in the attic after it being there 20 years! (Can’t upload the photo, but I did find a copy of the single). 

Edited by JDB1 - 27-January-2024 at 16:35
Grove 78 thru 81
Pogue Mahoney View Drop Down
I have no life!
I have no life!
68-71

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pogue Mahoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-January-2010 at 04:58
You guys are just kids
GerDublin View Drop Down
75-mid80s

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GerDublin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-January-2010 at 21:04
This would have been 1979 !!!
I reject your reality and substitute my own.....
Taylor View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
77-80ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-January-2010 at 16:39

Hi Grovegirl,

I knew 'Gibby', he lived nearby and was in the same school year as me. I was at one of their very first live gigs so that's why I reckon it was 1979 - but then again I could be wrong! It could have been 1978.

All the best!!

Edited by Taylor
The Universe is a void full of infinite possibilities
Grovegirl View Drop Down
I have no life!
I have no life!
77-81

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grovegirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-January-2010 at 14:06

If we knew one of their dates of birth, we could calculate it! (Ger's? )

GG

Taylor View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
77-80ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-January-2010 at 18:15

This was ca. 1979

Great stuff altogether!!

finno View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
�77 to 82ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-January-2010 at 10:58
No but my guess is about 1980-81?
I pm'd Ger so hopefully he will see this and will have a better idea.
A man must have a code
Grovegirl View Drop Down
I have no life!
I have no life!
77-81

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grovegirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-January-2010 at 16:18

That's amazing, Finno......have you got the date of that?

I take it that it was in the Herald or Evening Press.

GG

finno View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
�77 to 82ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-January-2010 at 12:09
Came across this article thought it might be of interest

Edited by finno
A man must have a code
finno View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
�77 to 82ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-December-2009 at 23:21
You are welcome.Do you have any photos yourself of the band?
A man must have a code
GerDublin View Drop Down
75-mid80s

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GerDublin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-December-2009 at 19:36

By the way, the picture that appears as the "cover art" was taken by the talented Finno. Many thanks Finno.

Ger.

GerDublin View Drop Down
75-mid80s

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GerDublin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-December-2009 at 19:32
[QUOTE=Taylor]

Good morning Ger,

no problem with the link whatsoever - very much enjoyed listening to Stryder once again - excellent sound quality too - many thanks and all the very best!!

Many thanks Taylor, Mark (and anyone else who had a listen), glad you enjoyed it.  

Best regards,

Ger

Whizzowas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
82-85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whizzowas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-December-2009 at 21:27
Link works fine for me as well Ger and the track still sounds great
You can choose to make a difference....
Taylor View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
77-80ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-December-2009 at 08:57

Good morning Ger,

no problem with the link whatsoever - very much enjoyed listening to Stryder once again - excellent sound quality too - many thanks and all the very best!!

Taylor

Whizzowas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
82-85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whizzowas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-December-2009 at 22:37
Ger

Ur right - Joe has moved on but he is still in contact with the guys in the Visions and I think he steps in when Kev is not available - Kev is also playing lead with a band called Terraform.

Spend 7 years in London myself from 88 - digging holes - and had the same experience - 300 punt flight home !!!!

So is there any chance that you guys would get together once more and give us a great night out ???

Mark

GerDublin View Drop Down
75-mid80s

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GerDublin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-December-2009 at 22:36

It took me a while but i found a way to get the song "Forcin' Thru" available for listening or downloading.

The link is : http://stryder.bandcamp.com/

If anyone is interested please give it a try and see if it works ..... let me know how you get on.

Ger.

GerDublin View Drop Down
75-mid80s

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GerDublin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-December-2009 at 21:30

Originally posted by Whizzowas Whizzowas wrote:

Hi Ger

Mark W here...I remember Dad bringing me a copy of the single and I think we have a copy somewhere among the vinyl piled in the attic in his house...remember being ill when he told uz u played the AH.

Have sent Joe a message to tell him about this thread - he has some great pics that everyone might like to see so I've asked him to post them. Young Kev played with Joe recently in PV...and learnt lots....Joe doing lots of things.

Always wanted to go to the Grove with u guys but born too late...might share a beer at one of the reunions...say hello to all the K's for me....

Mark

ps

Corwin - there may be a contact thru the following link that might help ur search :

http://irishrock.org/ipnw/bands/stryder.html

Mark,

Great to hear from you.  Young Kev is lucky to have a musician of Joe's calibre to learn from. I did'nt think Joe was still with Paranoid visions. I must look out for them gigging in town.

Tell your dad i was asking for him, i hope he and all your family are well. Back when we were gigging in London there was no communication like there is now and we were really cut off from family & friends, apart from the odd phone call that cost a packet ! Trying to make our own way was tough going.

Thanks for letting Joe know about this thread - i hope he jumps in.

All the best,

Ger

RoundaboutToo! View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
’75-’79 and ’06 - present

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoundaboutToo! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-November-2009 at 00:39
Hey Whizzowas & GG,
Nothing wrong with Whizz' great metal-archives link -
there was a dodgy post last night, posted between that link and Sharon's message.

Killian deleted it this morning - see the edit in Sharon's msg!

Rock On!

Edited by RoundaboutToo!
Whizzowas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
82-85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whizzowas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-November-2009 at 23:54
C'est mon plaisir GG.
You can choose to make a difference....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>