Forum Home Forum Home > Non Grove Related Stuff > Off Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your Favourite Music Trax

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 108109110111112 115>
Author
I have no life!
I have no life!
68-71

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pogue Mahoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-December-2020 at 00:13
A little bit of Indy Pop to get the toes a tappin'

Sponsored Links

Biker Pat View Drop Down
I spend too much time here!!!
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-December-2020 at 04:17
That's very catchy Pogue.👍

The lyrics are very interesting.
May be going to hell in a bucket but at least I'm enjoying the ride.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Rahenyrhythm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-December-2020 at 08:55
Yeah I like that Poguey, never heard of that artist if I'm honest. Big Shania Twain thing going on at the start but then she does her own thing and the song takes off nicely ... Good one...
One of its legs is both the same
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-January-2021 at 07:16

John Fogerty's new song.❤❤❤

Powerful lyrics.

https://youtu.be/4ODrkRdwb3k

Edited by Biker Pat - 06-January-2021 at 15:30

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-January-2021 at 11:50
Had a listen there Pat - good song, powerful lyrics as you say, and the video was a perfect accompaniment.

Hopefully the appalling carry-on in Washington yesterday might make at least some the "Trump supporters" stop and think. Or maybe it will encourage them, it's got so weird over there it's hard to know. Interesting if we get Pogueys take on all yesterday's happenings...
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-January-2021 at 12:12

John Fogerty getting stick from some of his fans.

So I wrote this on his FB page of which I am a member.

"Effigy, Bad Moon Rising, Fortunate Son, Don't Look Now, Run Through The Jungle, Ramble Tamble, Who'll Stop The Rain, Change In The Weather and Love And War (with Brad Paisley) have all contained a sense of protest. John Fogerty is an incredible singer/songwriter. Perhaps those so called themselves Creedence Clearwater Revival/John Fogerty fans who wish to now distance themselves from John never really listened to the lyrics. John is up there with Bob Dylan, John Lennon, Neil Young, Joan Baez and the like when it comes to writing protest songs. And sure what was Woodstock about. A massive but peaceful protest gathering.Those of you who give up on John now won't be missed and you're obviously a very misguided bunch of people."

Edited by Biker Pat - 07-January-2021 at 14:34

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-January-2021 at 13:46
Right on Pat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-January-2021 at 13:18
Inspired by the "Song title" thread, here is the first of two oldies but brilliant-ies! : So into you, by the Atlanta Rhythm Section. Enjoy https://youtu.be/QyIZ3pYKOQM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-January-2021 at 13:20
Aaaaaand, the second brilliant oldie: Feelin Alright, by Traffic. Enjoy https://youtu.be/xYXxbtkGtW0
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-January-2021 at 14:09
Gerry,

Love that track. Didn't know Traffic did that song.

Joe Cocker also did a great version of it.

https://youtu.be/FoAO0851FwA

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Vinyl Junkie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-January-2021 at 15:49
I may have said it on here before but I bloody Love Traffic and Steve Winwood.  That 'feelin alright' track always makes me smile. 

One song Cecil mentioned to me, which I never heard of until he mentioned it, back in the days I met him on the dart (still hard to believe we won't have our weekly Tuesday dart meet-ups) was "Only you know and I know" by Dave Mason from Traffic.  The day he mentioned the song, after listening to it on Youtube, I went to e-bay that night and bought the 12" single by Dave Mason with that track on it.  Cecil used to mention tracks to me that were popular in Mt. Prospect but never made the "cut" to St. Pauls. 

I will miss his sage advice re classic, obscure, tracks, from the "old grove". Cry 
TPFKAB (The Poster Formerly Known As Brunswick).
Pogue Mahoney View Drop Down
I have no life!
I have no life!
68-71

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pogue Mahoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-January-2021 at 18:43
Traffic in its earliest psychedelic days with an Old Grove classic...before most of your times I think...but maybe not

Vinyl Junkie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-January-2021 at 19:08
It wasn't in "my time" as such but remember it well.  God help me, I bought the stupid cover version of this on single by "Neil" (Nigel Planar?) from the Young Ones, in the 1980s.
TPFKAB (The Poster Formerly Known As Brunswick).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-January-2021 at 21:55
Great posts above lads, and great old Traffc tune Poguey. I was 12 in 1967 and already listening to stuff like Traffic, when I could find it in the radio, and figuring out what I liked and didn't like. Here's another good old, if lesser-known Traffic song: Shanghai Noodle Factory. More psychedelia! Enjoy https://youtu.be/wMTzImIXn6c
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-January-2021 at 00:54
Pogue,

I was 14 in 1967.

During that glorious summer I was the "mother" in our house. My mother was in hospital having my youngest sister which was dodgy at her age and my father worked shift in Aer Lingus. Anyway being busy in the house looking after my siblings I used to have the radio on and was blown away by all the music in that incredible year. That's when I realised my musical direction which of course was further enhanced when I went to the Grove in 1972.

"Hole In My Shoe" was one of those songs played a lot on the radio in that time.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-January-2021 at 14:01
https://youtu.be/iAJm04KrON4

The Old Grey Whistle Test.

Besides the Grove this was one of my inspirational sources of music.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
I have no life!
I have no life!
68-71

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pogue Mahoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-January-2021 at 15:20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-January-2021 at 18:32
Excellent stuff, Pat and Poguey...
I have no life!
I have no life!
68-71

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pogue Mahoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-January-2021 at 19:03
Ahh Yes- I remember getting BBC2 back in '72 and looking forward to The Old Grey Whistle Test on Tuesday nights. A few of the more memorable ones:

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-January-2021 at 19:17
Ah, that is some mini-playlist right there Poguey - Tina Weymouth is some ride - eh, sorry, I mean an attractive lady! Cap'n Beefheart - I wonder was that before or after his Magic Band. Lovely song by Roger Daltry, would be my favourite except for The Specials! There is something about that ska/bluebeat/ reggae sound that I just love. Neither popular nor profitable to be mentioning it, but a style of music I just love ..."Rudy..." a fine example...

...actually - the radio show crew are looking for playlists, as you probably saw. Would you not think of putting together something - 25ish songs, 100 minutes or so of music! Why not Poguey, would be fantastic ...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 108109110111112 115>