Forum Home Forum Home > Non Grove Related Stuff > Off Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Soccer - Who do you support?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 244245246247248 304>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-April-2018 at 19:04
It's no Champions League....
TPFKAB (The Poster Formerly Known As Brunswick).
Sponsored Links

Biker Pat View Drop Down
I spend too much time here!!!
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-April-2018 at 10:27
Gotcha Mel.

Liverpool looking good Thumbs Up
May be going to hell in a bucket but at least I'm enjoying the ride.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2018 at 17:30
Just expressing and extending my prayers and thoughts to Sir Alex Ferguson.

Am a Man United fan and this man is one of the greatest managers the club has ever had.

A man of courage and conviction. A fighter.

My hope is that he will recover from the brain operation and be back in Old Trafford again soon.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Rahenyrhythm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2018 at 19:23
Amen to that re Alex Ferguson. I am fairly neutral about soccer, I just like to see a good match,but my wife is a huge Man U fan. I also love all live occasions, with big crowds of a like-minded intent! Putting that together, me and Annette have twice been to Old Trafford in the past few years. First was v's Man City - Utd won 4-2 I think; 2nd was v's Arsenal, again Utd won, can't quite remember the score, something like 2-1 or even 3-1. But we had a ball (pun intended!) both times, made a weekend of it, stayed in a Premier Inn in Manchester. Great time altogether. Quite a number of years ago, I was brought, courtesy of a third party, to see Man U playing Rangers (in Old Trafford) in a European Cup match or something? I think Utd won by 5-0 or so, again great fun. The funniest part of that whole night for me was the ABU & Celtic supporters in our group - they didn't know who to be up for lol, it was gas!!!
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2018 at 08:18
Sad loss for Man United in the FA Cup yesterday. Cry

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2018 at 12:33
Yeah. Annette away (again!), I was kinda busy but saw about half of it, in snatches. Utd seemed to be quite lethargic by all accounts. Either impending holidays for some of them, or does JM still have the hearts and minds of the dressing-room you'd wonder. But these are just musings, others more knowledgeable in these things might have different/more accurate interpretation of what's going on ... But yeah, a shame, they could/should have been able to take Chelski...
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2018 at 19:09
Agree RR.

Should have been capable of beating Chelsea.

Not sure what's happening in the background.

Sure we'll see all in due course.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2018 at 19:20
True, BP. Well, Champions League next season anyway!

Oh, just to make you smile: good friends of ours here in Stradbally (more Dubs), are serious Lol-erpool fans! But we don't fall out about it. But they have invited us to accompany them to the pub in Saturday for the CL final! My wife pretending she will be wearing her (non-existent) Ronaldo shirt. But, shades of ManU v's Rangers that I mentioned earlier...what to do, what to do...🤔🤔🤔
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2018 at 22:51
Go for it.

Put on the Ronaldo t-shirt.

And expose it when he scores, that's the t-shirt I mean lol LOL

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-May-2018 at 07:47
Vinyl Junkie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2018 at 16:27
I don't want to talk about the stupid Champions League final.  Feck sake. AngryCry  Least we got to the final, but not much else to boast about.
TPFKAB (The Poster Formerly Known As Brunswick).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2018 at 16:39
Well I was (kinda) an honourary "non-Real-Madrid"-man in the pub. Full of LIverpool supporters, mad night. My mate nearly got into a punch-up with a mocking (and I have to say very aggravating) Man U fan during the evening, not realising there was an off-duty Garda, that I happen to know, sitting beside them lol! That kind of a weird night. But the chips afterwards were nice! (Ramos though, is a filthy get of a player, doing it for years. Not that he necessarily knew or intended to knacker up Salah as badly as he did, but he wanted to take him out and didn't care how it ended up)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-June-2018 at 19:28
BP, VJ, monarch and all, any interest in the World Cup? I know we're not there, and I suspect we are agreed in our views of "Putin's Russia" , but still, a great spectacle hopefully if we can get past the 2 points above ... France to win it? Or Brazil or Spain or...or...?
One of its legs is both the same

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-June-2018 at 20:53
Ah jaysus ... Whatever you think about Ronaldo ... However much you like Spain... That was transcendent by Ronaldo...
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-June-2018 at 00:03
RR,

I love the World Cup.

Re Ronaldo. Might be biased as am a Man U fan.

Leaving that aside he is awesome and that match today between Spain and Portugal was a football feast.

I try to watch every game, regardless of who's playing.

Some matches can be sh*te but f**k it. Love to see the lesser countries involved and as always so admire the fans who come from far and wide to support their country and create the atmosphere that makes the World Cup such a spectacle.

Personally I cannot pick a winner but the team I want to see is Iceland. It's their debut World Cup and their fans are amazing.

BP

Edited by Biker Pat - 16-June-2018 at 00:07

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-June-2018 at 08:46
Agree with every word BP !
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-June-2018 at 13:42
Very unusual in football to have your 11 players names all ending with the same three letters as in Iceland today. All team names ending in SON.   

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-June-2018 at 16:05
Lol, indeed...

Came late to that match, but saw the penalty being saved. Magnificent result for Iceland, I'm sure sure how wise the Argentine tactic of everything going to and through Messi is going to prove...
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-June-2018 at 18:12
RR
Agree re Messi.
Argentina very predictable.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-June-2018 at 21:25
Great result for Mexico earlier. I still wouldn't rule Germany out though, they always seem to come back. But the row with Ozil and Gundogan (if that's how you spell it) maybe has the team a bit distracted ...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 244245246247248 304>