The Grove Social Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Grove Social Club > Grove Reunions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Grove 50th Anniversary Reunion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
I spend too much time here!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-March-2019 at 21:45
Lads - is that not the Chris R who regularly post pics of his new album purchases on FB - and the occasional "joke"? No?

I always tried to avoid dance rejections by:

a) asking girls who were standing up, ergo verifiably smaller in height that me; and
b) girls who were (as well as above) less good-looking than me!

I still got a few rejections mind you
One of its legs is both the same
Sponsored Links

Rahenyrhythm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-March-2019 at 21:59
Oh yeah, just reviewing previous posts there - my humble apologies Poguey, of course it was Mel who was the subject of the "daisy" incident ... Girls those days had no class, is all I can say ...
Vinyl Junkie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-March-2019 at 22:26
Yep, Gerry, it is the Chris Rooney who puts up the vinyl pics on FB alright but he has stopped of late.  He says that he will reset his password and come back on here. 
TPFKAB (The Poster Formerly Known As Brunswick).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-March-2019 at 22:37
Ah fair enough Mel. He put up a joke a while ago on FB and got flamed a bit for it, maybe that put him off ...
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-March-2019 at 03:13
I hope Chris returns here. Great guy. Loves his heavy metal and has a great sense of humour.
May be going to hell in a bucket but at least I'm enjoying the ride.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Vinyl Junkie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-March-2019 at 20:14

I think the reaction to, and the removal of, his joke, Gerry, is what annoyed him, especially when others (women) sometimes post semi-naked pics of hunky lads on FB on that page and nobody gets offended. 

TPFKAB (The Poster Formerly Known As Brunswick).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-March-2019 at 21:33
Couldn't agree more Mel - a lot of pious hypocritical bullsh*t on FB - one of the reasons I really don't like it, or any social medium (although I do check into the Grove FB site, but I'm very careful what I say - most of the time!). Anyway, hopefully Chris pitches up here, he will be an asset to our little gang I have no doubt ... C'mon Chris
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345