FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Grove reunion 2023

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Rahenyrhythm View Drop Down
I spend too much time here!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Grove reunion 2023
    Posted: 10-December-2023 at 11:23
Many thanks Sean...Thumbs Up
One of its legs is both the same
Sponsored Links

ShortHairHippie View Drop Down
86-present

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortHairHippie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-December-2023 at 10:03
Gerry,wishing you a speedy recovery...
upon us all,a little rain must fall

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-December-2023 at 15:21
Thanks very much Pat. A pain, but sh*t happens etc- we be grand in a few weeks, PG ...
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-December-2023 at 14:20
Ah Gerry.

So sorry to hear of your accident.

Wishing you a speediest recovery as possible ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

May be going to hell in a bucket but at least I'm enjoying the ride.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-December-2023 at 13:57
Thanks very much Brian. These things happen, all should be fine in a few weeks...Wink
Sister1 View Drop Down
Really Really Senior Member
Really Really Senior Member
88-91

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-December-2023 at 13:55
Ah Gerry, sorry to hear that. A right pain I am sure. Take it easy. 
Keep it Local, Keep it Near!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-December-2023 at 13:36
Howya Joey and all. I'm still here meself on and off.

I shudda gone to the reunion. If I had, I would have been somewhere in Dublin on Sunday morning, having stayed overnight. But I didn't, so I wasn't...which resulted in me walking the dog as usual on Sunday morning, in slippy conditions. And guess what...
...I slipped, smashed my wrist in a few places. Had to have an operation last Tuesday to put a plate in my wrist etc. Will be 6 weeks before it's OK again. Oh, well, at least it wasn't my good right hand. Pain in the bum (well, in the wrist) though...

...sure we be grand soon enough! Smile
86-present

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortHairHippie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-December-2023 at 11:16
welcome back Joey,great seeing ye both again at the reunion
joey the lips View Drop Down
1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-December-2023 at 15:33
Thanks Pat ,i have been gone a long time  
You can checkout anytime u like but u can never leave
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-December-2023 at 14:19
Welcome back Joey ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘.

All the reports definitely suggest it was indeed a great night. 

Edited by Biker Pat - 09-December-2023 at 03:09

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
joey the lips View Drop Down
1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-December-2023 at 12:43
It was a great night 
You can checkout anytime u like but u can never leave
86-present

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortHairHippie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-December-2023 at 10:51
fingers crossed Gerry,as soon as there is any word,it will be posted here.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-December-2023 at 16:22
Brilliant stuff above lads. Seems like the reunion was a huge success, which is great news for the chances of another one (or 2, or 3 etc !!!).
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-December-2023 at 14:03
Copied Pogue's and Brian's post onto here. 

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-December-2023 at 14:01
Pogue's post from the 2005 thread. 

The 2023 reunion is over now, and we wait for a report on how it went.

I am thinking that some of the younger attendees might not know they were partying in a Rock and Roll shrine. The โ€œTennis Clubโ€ or โ€œOultonโ€ is where, around 1969, Phil Lynnott, as the lead singer of Skid Row practiced. Without any admission charge you could just mosey into the place on weeknights, usually half empty except for us losers and a bunch of Raheny guysโ€ฆseldom any girls to speak of. Understandable, as Phil was brutal back then and couldnโ€™t sing a lick, even worse on the base, 10 minute drum solos, not a soul on the dance floor.  The only enjoyable part was when they played a few records during their breaks. Ahh, sure we didnโ€™t appreciate we were on hallowed ground or what we were witnessing. HAH!

...during the same period Skid Row was the house band at "The Go Go" on Abbey Street. They sucked there too but had a loyal following. Hard to get into without a membership card, or if you didn't look like you stepped off Carnaby Street.

...the band was so terrible that I blame Phil and them as my number 1 reason for leaving Ireland  Wink

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-December-2023 at 13:58

Brian's post from the 2005 thread.

Saturdays reunion was a special one without doubt. Rob and Andy did Cecil proud and put on a great night. I think this was partly down to the long gap since Nov 2019, first since Cecils passing and also post Covid. I had good chats with alot of folks and people were just glad and happy to have it on. 

I know it is hard for Andy as first time without Cecil by his side. However as you know, Rob is a great guy and did a fantastic job on the mic, getting folks up to dance and keeping them there (remind you of anyone?). Rob also gave a great talk at the end and believe me it was very emotional for all. I think they were taken back by the great response om the night. Like a good gig, audiance and DJs feeding off good energy. Rest assured the reunions are in good hands. 

Edited by Biker Pat - 04-December-2023 at 14:02

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-December-2023 at 13:54
sh*t, I'd forgotten this thread existed and was posting in the 2005 reunion thread.

Damn all that chat should be here. ๐Ÿ˜ช๐Ÿ˜ช๐Ÿ˜ช

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
86-present

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortHairHippie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-December-2023 at 11:23
Saturday's reunion was brilliant,Cecil's son Rob did a fantastic job filling his fathers shoes,and it looked like he was really enjoying it,which was great.And it was fantastic to see so many friends that I had not seen since 2019,and everyone was in top form.The venue was quite intimate,and the lighting was dark,with red lights ( not great for photo's ),it made me think of what the original Grove in Mount Prospect might have been like... the bar service was very good,and there was a great variety of drinks,but the only problem was they didn't accept cash,so luckily I had my card with me.I was delighted to see the dance floor packed for most of the night,and Grovers doing what they do best,it was the perfect way to pay tribute to,and remember Cecil...the spirit of the Grove is still alive and well...here's to the next reunion
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-November-2023 at 01:44
Lol Pogue ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚.

What would we do without your wit, words of wisdom and musical knowledge.๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Edited by Biker Pat - 26-November-2023 at 01:46

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Pogue Mahoney View Drop Down
I have no life!
I have no life!
68-71

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pogue Mahoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-November-2023 at 21:39
When you think about it Pat - First you found it impossible to go from Mt Prospect to St Pauls - Then difficult to go from Vinyl to Cd's - and Now! You prefer The Grove Forum over Facebook.

You have been an old Fogerty-Follower-Fart from the get go and you are just going to have to toe the line with us younger GrungeGothAirHeadBanging members.

...kiddin, even though I'm much younger than you I refuse to go an Facebook.LOL

Edited by Pogue Mahoney - 25-November-2023 at 21:42
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>