The Grove Social Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Non Grove Related Stuff > Off Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SPRING CLEAN - Empty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SPRING CLEAN - Empty
    Posted: 26-March-2008 at 23:14

Its "that" time of year when we scrub, clear out and shed off excess  -  Enjoy everyone.  REMEMBER to delete and clear out your PMs - clutterfree days ahead...........................................

Or as the Dubliner would say "Empty your drawers Mrs. it is Spring.

V

Edited by verh
Verona
Sponsored Links

maryi View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
74-80

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maryi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-March-2008 at 08:43

Verh,

You are quite welcome to come down here to Kerry and declutter to your hearts content !! ( Hope you have a few months to spare )

mary
irish_mammy View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
80-84 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_mammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-March-2008 at 11:25

Sounds like a plan V.

I'm with Mary on this one. Anyone want to declutter my house before next Wednesday (get keys for new house then)

Freebird, Carol????

Lesley

25th June - 25th July. Get organising my nights out. Child can stay in the car.

Grove 1980-1984
verh View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-March-2008 at 21:14

Lesley - Just get a few big old sacks, if you are not using it, you dont need it - recycle, give away, send to Blind Shop  -  the feeling when it is finished is just SUPER, or so I keep telling myself - half way there.

Wish you were nearer - we could all help you - you too Mary, but sure maybe that chap from Cork has a few spare hours, nice to get his hands dirty - would LUV to see that LOL

V

Verona
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
80-84 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_mammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-March-2008 at 12:17
Thanks V, I know I should get rid of a lot of stuff but I'm such a hoarder. (take after my dad) I hate throwing anything away in case "I need it"
Lesley

Grove 1980-1984
Grovegirl View Drop Down
I have no life!
I have no life!
77-81

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grovegirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-March-2008 at 13:24
 Best of luck with the move, Lesley.
DAYO View Drop Down
I have no life!
I have no life!
70 / 76

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAYO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-March-2008 at 14:18

The only way to spring clean is with a skip outside. We probably would all fill 2 with the hording we do.

Good luck moving Mary and dont throw out your old Barry Manalo or Chris De Burg LP's

Dayo

Grov'in 70 - 76
Haviland Tuf View Drop Down
82-90

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haviland Tuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-March-2008 at 14:24
I started on my attic, thinking of doing a car boot sale this summer.  Still take a few car loads to shift it all I would say.  (All the same on my way to buy another guitar tomorrow so I just keep adding to it!)
Coincidence, if traced back far enough, becomes inevitable
Evangeline View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
86-88

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evangeline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-March-2008 at 14:47

Try putting unwanted stuff on the Dublin Waste free site. I've found it very useful and the stuff usually goes in a matter of days.

http://www.dublinwaste.ie

Jen

"Gentlemen! You can't fight in here, this is the War Room!"
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
86-88

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evangeline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-March-2008 at 14:50

Can I just say one other thing with regard to clothes collections? If you haven't read the Sunday Mail last week (I think that was the paper it was in), please be aware that a lot of these 'charities' are shipping the clothes to Easter Europe/Russia where they are being sold for profit with only a token donation being made to a legitimate charity, if at all.

I used to give bag of clothes away at the door because it was convenient but after reading that article, I would rather drive the few miles to the Oxfam shop in Malahide with them than let them be sold for profit.

Jen

Grovegirl View Drop Down
I have no life!
I have no life!
77-81

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grovegirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-March-2008 at 20:30

Echo that, Jen.... I'm very selective now about those 'clothes collections' and I ,like you, would rather drive to Oxfam or Fred's Fashions (V deP) to make sure everything goes to a genuine cause.

Vinyl Junkie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-March-2008 at 21:45
100% agree with that Jen.  Almost every single day, one of those 'stickers' for another clothing charity comes in the door (how many clothes do they think we have to spare, as a matter of interest?).  We are also very selective as to which charities we put stuff out for nowadays!
TPFKAB (The Poster Formerly Known As Brunswick).
verh View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-March-2008 at 22:17

Jen,

What is the story with Dublin Recycle ?  Does stuff like furniture get collected quickly?  Am down to the last room & have a few big BITS want to offload - have you used them personally ? would love to know, many thanks.  Verona

Verona
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
86-88

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evangeline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-March-2008 at 22:36

I've seen stuff go very quickly on that site, V. I have used them myself and there is always a taker. Remember, they're getting the items for free and theyre being taken off your hands for free. It's a win-win situation. Give it a go, you've nothing to lose.

Jen

verh View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-March-2008 at 22:39

Jen,

Just looked up that thread - thanks a mill - that is just the thing I wanted -  am going to make a list of the stuff to give away - you are full of ideas, renewed thanks.

Verona

Verona
finno View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
�77 to 82ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-March-2008 at 23:45
Sorry but yet another "Irish Mail" exclusive turns out to be another non story. A couple of years ago the legit charities were complaining about these so called charities. Now they are that cheeky they no longer leave a bag. All you get is a sticker through the letter box. At least we used to recycle the bags by using them in our recycle bin.
We drop off stuff to Oxfam.    
A man must have a code
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
80-84 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_mammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-March-2008 at 10:45

Originally posted by Grovegirl Grovegirl wrote:

Best of luck with the move, Lesley.

Thanks Mary, just can't wait to move now.

I echo the sentiments of those 'charity capers".

A lot of knitted stuff etc gets sent to Africa. They sell it for themselves and none of it ends up with those who need it.

Puts you off giving anything to charity. I'm very particular now. I give to the Flying Doctors only.

Lesley

Grove 1980-1984
RoundaboutToo! View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
’75-’79 and ’06 - present

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoundaboutToo! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-April-2008 at 01:08
Originally posted by verh verh wrote:

Its "that" time of year when we scrub, clear out and shed off excess  -  Enjoy everyone.  REMEMBER to delete and clear out your PMs - clutterfree days ahead...........................................

V

Great topic Ver!

I've been making a growing list of things to go in Buy & Sell, or free, or recycle. It's great to get rid of clutter and better still if someone else will make use of it instead of dumping it. (Like the Wombles )

We've never put anything on dublinwaste.ie - but have got stuff there for free and in perfect condition.

Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
86-88

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evangeline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-April-2008 at 13:38

Likewise, Roundy. I got a garden swing for Ciara off that site last year. She was delighted with it and it didn't cost a penny!

Jen

finno View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
�77 to 82ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-April-2008 at 14:04
Had a look at that site Dont think there is one down this neck of the woods. Or is anyone aware of other free trade sites?
A man must have a code
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>